And the winners are...
On December 15th, we toured our neighbourhoods to take in the 30 entries in our sparkling event. Chandeliers remained on display over the holidays (there's a map here). After checking out the chandeliers (either in person, or by viewing our online Chandelier Gallery), Calgarians voted for their favourites. The top three received the "OOH AAH" People's Choice Awards!
First Prize: ($100 gift certificate to Red's Diner):
#15. 1009 Maggie Street!
Creative (made of plastic beer cups), fun, and RED!
After an incredible summer putting on the Inglewood Night Markets, the find it team came back for one more creative pop-up event to brighten up the last few weeks of 2013.
Neighbours built fun and funky "chandeliers" with Christmas lights, in order to transform Inglewood and Ramsay into Chandelierville!
Here's our gallery of chandelier photos. Some were sent in to us by the chandelier creators, others were taken by neighbours strolling by in the dark! Most chandeliers have just one photo, a few have more than one, and a couple don't have photos.
($50 gift certificate to Without Papers Pizza):
#22. Aurora Boreal-ICE, at 1919 8 Ave SE. Sheets of ice were bolted into it. Big compliments to the designers!!!
3rd prize: ($25 gift certificate to Cafe Gravity):
at the Ramsay Rink - what an amazing
thing you built, & it looked like you had such great fun doing it!
And for all the rest of the chandelier builders, a big round of applause from the find it crew. You're now find it creators, and if you're interested in making more creative pop-ups happen in Inglewood and Ramsay, you're welcome to join our team!
To everyone who voted in for our "OOH AAH" People's Choice Awards: Thanks for letting us know which chandeliers dazzled you!
Here's the list. Some have titles, some don't. But all have addresses, and you can locate them all by checking on our map.
1. The Maplejack, 1026 8th Avenue SE
2. 1921 6th Street SE: "Deck the Deck with Balls of Folly"
3. 1915 8th Avenue SE
4.1622 24th Avenue SE - "ICE"
5. Ramsay Rink , 2102 Ramsay Street SE: "Chandelirious!"
6. DaDe Art & Design Lab, 1327 9th Avenue SE
7. ReWorks, 1217B 9th Avenue SE: "reCycle"
8. 2029 Ramsay Street SE: "Tinkly Winkler"
9. 1206 8th Avenue SE: "All That Glitters"
10. Between 1025 & 1023 19th Avenue SE: "Ch@ndelier"
11. Adorn Boutique, 1219 9th Avenue SE
12. Eye on Design, 1219A 9th Avenue SE: "Celebrate"
13. 72 New Street SE: "Woodlands Christmas Choir"
14. 1016 - 19th Avenue SE: "Cherry Jam"
15. 1009 Maggie Street: "Christmas Orb"
16. 1031 18th Avenue SE: "Frost Smitten"
17. 1916 8th Avenue SE: "Spark"
18. 815 21st Avenue SE: "Jelly Fish Illuminati"
19. 1039 17th Avenue SE: "Chandelier Earrings"
20. 2308 15A Street SE: "Light Up the Woods"
21. SOBOW Condos Sales Centre, 1640 17A Street SE
22. 1919 8th Avenue SE: "Aurora Boreal-ICE"
23. 721 23rd Avenue SE: "Winter Wonder"
24. 2023 Ramsay Street SE
25. Jerilyn Wright Interiors, 1425 9th Avenue SE: "Bags of Light"
26. Mystery Chandelier at a house on 8th Avenue & 14th Street SE
27. 74 New Street SE: "Jam Jar Joy"
28. 1323 10th Avenue SE
29. 819 23rd Avenue SE: "A Light Meal"
30. Red's in Ramsay, 1101 8th Street SE
And there's more...
A few creative folks made... not chandeliers, exactly, but other sparkling creations that we thought we should include in here somewhere! This bicycle's out in front of Stash Needle Art Lounge on 9th Avenue.
And as for the lantern (below)... on the night of the Chandelierville tour, it was too late for this neighbour to make a chandelier, so she hung up a lantern just to get into the spirit of things!
Thanks to all the creative chandelier creators - you're amazing!
Scroll over each photo to learn more about the chandeliers. Each one has a number that corresponds to the numbered list on the left.